Friday, December 26, 2008

Day After Christmas Blahs!

Well, my travel/move luck has held out! My husband (who is now a night owl for real) left to head back home at 1 AM this morning. He has to be at work at 6 PM to work a 12 hour shift, so he wanted to get home so that he could sleep at his normal time and try to get back on schedule. He took my car because one of his headlights went out on our trip here and we didn't get a chance to get it replaced before today. I was going to leave around 9 AM this morning and be there well before dark so headlight out would not be an issue for me.

Well, I got up this morning and got into the car to turn it around so that I could put my load in the car. When I got out and walked around the car to go inside, guess what???? Flat, I mean totally flat, tire! Tires are fairly new. Especially considering that this is the car that I have been keepin here with me while he drove my car back and forth from Sabinal!

Luckily Eric's uncle lives nearby and rescued me with a jack and tire iron! I then ran the tire over to the shop where we bought it. They are going to repair or replace at no charge, but they are VERY backed up today... I am still sitting at my house at 2:30 PM waiting on the call that the tire is ready and I can come and let them install it on the car... At this rate, I won't be in Sabinal until 10 PM... And will have driven as long without a headlight as Eric would have had to if he had driven the car this morning!

What a way to end the Christmas holiday!

Hope your day after is going better than mine!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh girl. It will get better! this, too shall pass! Praying for smooth sailing from here on out!

Joan Ervin said...

I am so sorry you had a bad day...sounds like you have a good support system!!! It won't be long before everything is back to normal!!! Have a wonderful New Years!!!