Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

No images to send today... We remembered to get the camera in Sabinal and bring it to Beaumont, but forgot to bring it to family Christmas last night. So, I will be at the mercy of my Dad and sisters to provide me with images from last night! We had a good time, but it was bittersweet... We won't get to have nearly as many family get togethers like that with us so far away. :(

My sister has started the most wonderful tradition. Her and her girls bake a birthday cake for Jesus. Then, at our family Christmas on Christmas Eve, we all sing Happy Birthday to Jesus and cut Santa a piece of birthday cake! I thought that was such a great way to keep the little ones plugged into what Christmas is all about!

I did get a wonderful card and letter from an old friend that I met while "we" were in the Navy in Virginia. I haven't heard from her in 7 1/2 years! Renewed friendships... What a GREAT Christmas gift!

I hope that Santa brings you all exactly what you wanted. But I also hope that during this time with your friends and family that you take the time to stop and reflect what we are really celebrating: The gift of Christ our Lord.

Merry Christmas!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have a Merry Christmas, eh? ;o) ha ha!! :)

Thanks for the tip for nekkid buttons, too! I'll have to try that!