Thursday, December 25, 2008

Candy Jars

My sisters and I do not exchange gifts anymore. We just all get together and eat and play games on Christmas Eve. Works great for us because we don't have the stress of buying gifts. We just take that one evening during the holidays to relax and enjoy each other. After all, that's what it is all about! Big sis (me) can't follow that to the letter! Never has been able to! I always do stockings for everyone (even my dad!)... Since I don't have children and doing for my nieces is my only way to get to do all that fun stuff, my sisters tolerate my breaking the rules! :) This year my stockings are all packed and I don't even want to think about trying to find them in the maze of boxes at our house in Sabinal... So, I am giving gift bags and baskets for Christmas this year. Will contain all the same fun stuff. I made these jars today to put in my sisters baskets. I was finishing up packing my stamp room when I found these two empty Starbuck's Frappacino bottles that I had already washed and cleaned to make some of my ribbon holders. I decided that I could make a couple of candy jars instead to put in their baskets this year!

I just put a leftover rub on on the front of each jar (actually more than one on the front of each jar!). Then I tied a red and white striped ribbon around the neck of the jar. To cover up the logo on the cap, I put white rub ons on red cardstock and punched out using the 1 3/8" circle punch. Then I punched out a white 1 3/4" circle punch and attached the red circles to these. I adhered the circles to the caps with gold brads. Since the bottles were already prepped, this was quick and easy!

Hope you all have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

No comments: